TeamSupport is looking for engineers who get excited by software development. Our SaaS software is used on a global scale and we would love to add your talent to our team. If you like to learn from your peers and teach them something as well, you'll fit in well with our team.
What we offer:
• A world class SaaS software that is rapidly capturing market share.
• A team of humble and smart engineers with a desire to work with people smarter than us
• An open mind for new ideas to make our customers' lives easier
What you bring to the table:
• Some experience with a modern programming language such as C#, Java, Python, ...
• Willingness to learn new technologies (polyglot databases, machine learning, NLP, Search technologies, React and others)
• An ability to address complex problems with simple and elegant solutions
• Some knowledge with SQL
• Excellent communication skills
About Engineering in TeamSupport
Engineering in TeamSupport is a key driver of growth. The department charter is to redefine what is possible, and invent new technologies; powered by unbelievably easy to use UI. We are responsible for the company's R&D and we build interesting and flexible product in every cycle. Engineering is investing in three areas: Moonshots, Product R&D, and Tactical initiatives. We foster an environment that deeply cares and invests in engineers, promotes team-learning, and individual growth.
If you are passionate about full-stack development, working on advanced and elegant stack, and developing high-performance distributed systems, then read on. In engineering we listen and learn from each other and continuously work towards building immersive products that are already being used across the globe. This is a a complex engineering endeavour and if you would like to help design and build the systems that do that, if you want your voice to be heard and make a difference, we may have a place for you.
The kind of talent we are looking for
Is Inventive - Engineering wants people who show initiatives and seek out responsibilities. We are planning to disrupt the B2B Customer Support industry and Software Engineering is the vehicle to get there. If you are inventive and creative, we are looking for you. Fresh perspectives and thinking outside the realm of known possibilities will differentiate you.
Is Passionate - You must be passionate about software development to be successful. We are looking for A-players with desire to take projects from ideation to completion. Our stack is kept modern, and by this nature promises constant learning. If you like puzzles, built a Linux server in the cloud just to see how it is done, have your own git account, built a website from scratch, contribute to stackoverflow, or know how to speak Klingon -- your place is with us.
Is Versatile - Engineering is involved in research and tactical projects. You will learn and write in multiple languages and tools. The projects call for full-stack development, security and privacy considerations, and interesting big-data design. You will work on product features, fault-tolerant and self-healing, search, use graphs in interesting ways, and build ingenious machine-user interfaces for classical web and mobile presence. Our teammates rely on each other to deliver high quality artifacts, on time or earlier. We want teammates who seek novelty and be thrilled with the diversity of work TeamSupport offers.
- You must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (CS) or Computer Engineering (CE) from an accredited university.
- An advanced degree in CE or CE specialty is an advantageous.
You need know C# or Java, either from accredited university level courses (not online) or work experience.
- Write software that meets its design and business goals. Understand design decisions, participate and contribute to design considerations.
- Write code and thoroughly test it. Provide a test suite that will become part of our CI/CD.
- Participate on software architecture sessions and arrive at design that meets our product and business goals.
- Provide accurate estimates and rationale for assigned tasks.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills.
- Research new ideas, present alternatives and experimental results.
- Using algorithms and data structures.
- Reason on asymptotic complexity.
- Design data models.
- Maintain in-code and out-of-code design thoughts and other documentation up to date, add value to maintainability, readability, and adherence to style.
- Write Linux and other OS scripts, perform basic network configuration.
- Solid communication, coordination, and ownership of assignments. Teamwork. Communicate well, before there is an issue, and often. Be honest and precise.
- Be on top of your game. Be honest and a humble team player.
- Pay attention to details. Include “Apollo” in a creative way in your resume or cover letter.
- Own your tasks, be able to take notes and follow through.
The following past experience is going to be beneficial
- 3 years experience writing in C# or Java, 1 year of modern web app development, 1 year of writing SQL.
- Coursework in web development, operating systems, computer network, computer architecture.
- Very advantageous is coursework in parallel algorithms, advanced algorithms, and compilers.
- Development of large-scale distributed system with modern web app on top.
- Using Relational, Document, and Graph DBMS. Using Kafka.
- Experience with Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Developing using BI tools, reporting and dashboarding tools, ETL.
- Windows servers, Linux, OS scripting languages. Understanding of networks & security.
No certification is required for this position. There is no substitution to the education requirements.Portfolio
Send me your portfolio if you are serious about landing a job with Engineering at TeamSupport. I deeply care about people and would like you to be successful, so take the time to read this job description; It is descriptive for your benefit. I review all candidate portfolios and will make every effort to personally interview you.
Want to stand out? Tell me about something that you have built (a dog house or a website are equally good), research papers you’ve written, and source listing that you think is a piece of art (no trade secret whatsoever or I will completely ignore your application in whole). Apply and show me what you’re made of.
- 100% Employer paid medical/dental coverage!
- Voluntary vision and life insurance
- Flexible time off policy
- Work on a highly sought after product.
- Join a great, highly productive and fast paced team that will listen to you.
- Be a name, not a number.
- Flexible time off policy including vacation and holidays
- Employer paid medical/dental coverage.
- Vision, VTL, STD, LTD, 401K
Join a great, highly productive and fast paced team that will listen to you.